ILLNESS IS AN invitation TO TRANSFORM BODY, MIND, SPIRIT
Health and illness are two sides of the same coin. At some point in our lives we will endure illness.
Some of us have to endure a long-standing illness that has changed the way our body functions, affecting our lives. But we do not have to suffer when this happens.
I know. It happened to me. I am a thyroid cancer survivor and I have an autoimmune disorder.
I have made it my life's work to find out how to live a happy, healthy life when illness has changed the way the body functions. And I want to share it with you.
Modern medicine defines a chronic illness as a condition that has lasted for three months or longer.
Please click here to see what conditions I treat.
Medicine is more than treatment.
I approach healing through a mind/body/spirit connection that reaches beyond the actual treatment.
This means that the physical treatment itself, whether it is herbs, acupuncture, or bodywork, is the smallest part of healing.
The most important part of our time together is exploration of your body, mind and spirit as a whole.
It is about relationship.
It is me listening to you where you are at and providing you with new knowledge and experiences you can take to move forward in your healing.
It is about your story. It is about transformation.
I know from my own chronic illness and cancer recovery that treatments are important but it is the inner work that truly heals. I want to help you through that transformation just as others have done for me.
Chinese Medicine and Taoist philosophy are the foundation of my practice both in treatment and coaching. It is a unique holistic perspective for transformation and one that is extremely effective.
I work with people who are ready to:
- Invest in themselves fully to heal the best they can given their circumstances.
- Dig in, tune in and pay attention to what their body is telling them.
- Open their mind to a new way of relating to the body.
- Let go of identifying with their illness.
I don't work with people who:
- Want a quick fix.
- Want to remain a victim to their situation.
- Want someone else to fix them without having to be accountable for their own healing.
- Who do not want to explore their inner world as part of their healing process.
How I work with you.
Nourishing Life, or Yang Sheng Fa, is the foundation of Eastern Medicine. Living with true health is about nourishing body, mind and spirit through the essential elements of optimal diet, mindfulness, healthy emotions and balance of exercise and rest.
I use the framework of the 5 Elements in Chinese Medicine to take you on a journey of self discovery and transformation.
During each session, we will explore Yang Sheng through the 5 Element system of Chinese Medicine and how it can support you in your healing journey no matter what it is you are working on or what your disease or illness is.
Working with me is:
- This includes acupuncture, herbal medicine, and nutrition.
- This is not your typical anatomy lesson! I blend the wisdom of ancient Chinese Medicine with modern understanding of the human body to transform the way you think and relate to your body.
- Together we bring clarity to the road you need to travel for a Happy Healthy Life and work through and change what keeps getting in the way.
1-Part Inner Cultivation
- We will look at your beliefs, attitudes and perceptions around your illness and life in general. You will learn how to connect your body to your thoughts, emotions and inner life calling.
The goal is to transform YOU, not treat the disease. The disease may always be there but that does not mean you need to stay there with it. I want you to have a renewed relationship with your body, mind and spirit, not the disease.
Benefits of working with me.
When you work with me, you will understand YOU through Yang Sheng and the 5 Elements of Chinese Medicine. This systematic framework will help you:
- Understand how you see your body and illness through your beliefs, attitudes and perceptions.
- Reduce and manage stress.
- Eat right for your Elemental and Constitutional type.
- Improve quality of sleep.
- Use the story of your life to heal.
- Emotionally, psychologically and spiritually decode your illness.
- Build a beautiful relationship with your body and learn how to communicate with your body in new ways.
- Understand how nature and the seasons are here to support you.
- See the different systems of your body as an integrated whole.
- Understand the power of your mind and visualization in healing.
- Learn breathing and qi gong exercises to support your health goals.
- Relate to your organs in news ways and learn how they work together.
- Integrate ancient eastern wisdom into modern western medicine.
- Apply the principles of Yang Sheng, the art of nourishing life to your life.